Saturday, February 28, 2015

I'm Back

    Sometimes it only takes looking at yourself in a video to make you realize that it is time to get on the ball and make some changes. I have to tape my student teaching for my supervisor and when I viewed the video I did not like what I saw. I have not been happy with my weight for a long time but the last couple of years I have actually been disgusted that I have let myself get this huge.  It is not comfortable at all and it is in my control to change things.

     I have lost weight since the last time I wrote here but not what I want to have off. It is harder as I  get older but I know how to do it and it is time to get on the ball. I have been up and down for several months and now I want to go down.

     So my goal is to eat healthier, eat less and exercise more. I plan to lose at least 15 lbs by my birthday in May. Then from there I will set a goal. I think setting short term goals might work best. I hope to lose a pound a week but it would be great to lose about 10 the first couple of weeks.

     I don't plan on calling this a diet, that is a horrible word that seems to make people eat more...at least it works that way for me. So this is my journey to a body I am comfortable in by eating better.

     I will not starve myself or deprive myself completely of the foods I love. What works best for me is to count calories. I will have to be diligent and count every one of them for it to work but calorie counting is the key.

     I plan to exercise too. That part is not easy when you are super busy but I need to find a way.

     Let the journey begin............

No comments:

Post a Comment