Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Checking In

     I did great yesterday and today. Yesterday I used my portion cups to control my meals however felt stressed about it. I had to make sure I put the carbs in one, protein


Back when I thought I was fat, to be that fat again ....
in another and so on. So, today I went back to calorie counting. Calorie counting has worked best for me in the past and so I decided there is no reason to change.

     Of course I am still trying to lose weight and get in shape but it is not because what I do doesn't work it is because I don't stick with it.

     I have decided to better be able to stick with counting calories I need to focus on smaller reductions at a time.

     In the past I have cut myself down to 1200 calories because I want to weigh 120 lbs. Well, that is never going to happen! I don't even have the bone structure anymore for that to look healthy. So, I decided to work on getting down to 160 lbs first. I can handle eating 1600 calories or less a day. Once I am down to that weight I will knock it down to 1500 calories. This way I am not feeling so deprived and stressed.

     Today I didn't even hit my 1500 calories because it just worked that way. It is ok though I don't have to reach that amount each day, I just can't have more than that.

     I hope to be down at least 5 lbs by the end of the week.

     For dinner I was even able to have a hot dog because it is a lower calorie one. I feel good about today....

 

4 comments:

  1. My is self control on portions, I know I can lose weight, like you its sticking to it and not potato chips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow chips are my downfall. I love them so much! BBQ are the best or rather worst lol...
      It is so hard to have self control...

      Delete
  2. I love your hot pepper background!

    I'm going to be relaunching my own weight loss adventure on the 1st of August. I always do calorie counting because its easiest. But I also find it very annoying and always eventually stop.

    Need to stay motivated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always give up on it too. Especially when I set my goals to far out. Maybe the shorter term goals will help..
      Keep checking in here and update me on your progress too... Good luck!

      Delete