Saturday, July 30, 2016

Green Chili Cabbage Stew

     First of all I did great yesterday. Only 2 days until my official weight count....

     I decided to create a soup that I can eat so I don't have to count each meal. Of course I won't eat it all the time but if I am in a rush I can grab a cup and not have to research the calories.

     I used my cabbage and some other foods I have around. I am not sure if I figured the calorie count correctly or not. Please anyone who knows about figuring calories in food chime in here and tell me if I have done it right, or wrong.

     The soup turned out great, it is actually delicious!

Here is the recipe.


Green Chili Cabbage Stew

3 Cups cooked cabbage     66 cal
3 Cups shredded zucchini or diced     57 cal
3 ½ cups Green chili Verde sauce    315 cal
1 cup cooked chicken breast    231 cal
1 ½ cup barley uncooked   255 cal
2 cups green chili peppers   120 cal
1 ½ cups red potatoes unpeeled         174 cal
2 cubes bouillon    10 cal
Total calories                 1228
Total cups              15.50
1228 / 15.50 = 79.23 calories per cup of stew


6 comments:

  1. Calories aren't important to me but I love this stew! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum I will have to make this one! I love everything that is in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very good. My son even loves it. Next time I plan to add whole zucchini, all I had was shredded this time.

      Delete
  3. That sounds so good! I love stew and this is new to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love stew too. It is just something I threw together and I hope you let me know how you like it.

      Delete